v1.0.7. | January 2017
Requires Wordpress: 4.4.1 or higher
Compatible up to: 4.7.1
Requires WooCommerce 2.4.13 or higher
Compatible up to: 2.6.12
v1.0.3. | November 2016
The Alternative Payments WooCommerce plugin allows for a seamless integration with our payment gateway. This plugin has been tested and is regularly maintained by Alternative Payments. If you notice any bugs, please let us know.
- Alternative Payments account and access to the Merchant Portal
- Wordpress installed with a supported version of WooCommerce
- php5-curl installed on server (sudo apt-get install php5-curl or yum install php-curl)
- Download the alternativepayments-woocommerce.zip file.
- Upload the extracted directory to the wp-content/plugins folder, or use the WooCommerce Extensions Manager
- In your Wordpress cockpit navigate to Plugins and activate the Alternative Payments payment gateway plugin.
- Navigate to WooCommerce > Settings > Checkout > Alternative Payments and configure your plugin.
- Enable the plugin
- Enter the Public API Key and Secret API Key obtained in the Website profile in the Alternative Payments Merchant Portal
- Insert the API URL: https://api.alternativepayments.com/api
- Save changes by clicking on button “Save changes”
- Please note:
- Don’t change standard WooCommerce status.
- Turn off ‘Hold stock’. Go to ‘WooCommerce > Setting > Products > Inventory’ and in field ‘Hold stock’ (minutes) set it to blank.
Creating webhooks for response data:
Go to ‘Merchant Portal > Business Cases > select Business Case ID > Websites section’
If no Website is added, click ‘Add new’ and complete the requested information.
Once in Website details, click on the tab ‘Webhooks’
Click ‘Add Webhook’
In field ‘Webhook url’ insert value:
WP4.* => <site name</?wc-api=wc_gateway_alter
WP4 < <site name</wc-api/wc_gateway_alter
Under Webhook Events, activate the following selections:
transaction.pending => Not active
transaction.approved => Active
transaction.funded => Active
transaction.declined => Active
void.succeeded => Active
void.declined => Active
refund.pending => Active
refund.succeeded => Active
refund.declined => Active
transaction.chargeback => Active
transaction.isf => Active
transaction.invalid => Active
subscription.created => Active
subscription.cancelled => Active
customer.created => Not active
Woo Commerce status definitions used when creating module:
Pending payment – Order received (unpaid)
On-Hold – Awaiting payment – stock is reduced, but need to confirm payment)
Processing – Payment received and stock has been reduced, order is awaiting fulfillment
Under WooCommerce > Settings > Checkout > Alternative Payments there is a field:
Change SEPA order status to proccessing when:
1/ Merchant Funded Status
2/ Merchant Approved Status
This allows you to control when the WooCommerce Processing status is triggered.
If SMS verification is enabled for SEPA payments:
When using Test API keys you can enter any phone number and enter 1234 as PIN. However, when using live API keys an actual mobile number that can receive the PIN needs to be used.
The following payment methods are supported in this version, however not all may be active in your account. Check in your Terms and Conditions for available payment methods, or contact us if you need to request activating additional options.